If you are interested in substituting during the 2017-2018 school year for Fair Grove R-X Schools, you will need to complete the on-line application through DESE, complete the local requirements, and attend a substitute training meeting.
Applications for the fall semester will be accepted August 3 - August 31, 2017. Applications for the spring semester will be accepted January 11 - January 31, 2018.
A substitute training meeting for the fall will be held on Wednesday, August 2 at 1:00 p.m. in the Fair Grove Middle School Computer Lab. The spring training meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. in the Fair Grove Middle School Computer Lab.
- completed local application and payroll forms
- state issued substitute certificate
- two forms of identification
- and copy of background check to the meeting
You will also be required to complete the following and be approved by the Fair Grove Board of Education. Contact Lynetta Leeper at 417-759-2233 ext. 100 if you have any questions.
- an on-line training video
- an I-9 form
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education on-line application process, as well as all local documentation, is available by clicking the buttons on the left. Local forms may also be obtained in the Central Office.
Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Background Check Procedures
- 3M/Cogent captures your fingerprints. Call to schedule an appointment 877.862.2425 or use the web application (click BACKGROUND CHECK button on the left)
Springfield Area Fingerprint Locations
> UPS #2469, 334 E. Kearney, Springfield, MO
> UPS #2605, 1325 W. Sunshine, Springifeld, MO
- Applicant applies for substitute certificate (click DESE ONLINE APPLICATION) button on the left
- Mail original transcripts (write in educator ID or SS number and "SUBCERT") to:
PO Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65109
- Certificate will be "issued" not mailed. Applicant can print a copy on your computer