Fair Grove Families,
You’ve heard about it in the news, and we want you to know that our District is doing all we can to keep our students safe and healthy each day. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recently released information regarding the coronavirus disease 2019, COVID-19. Take note, there are no cases in Missouri, and the CDC has indicated the current risk is low for most Americans to contract this virus. However, we are doing our part! Our custodial staff is taking extra precautions sanitizing frequently and doing more deep cleaning with specialized products to fight the flu and similar illness. We appreciate their hard work and dedication to our student’s health!
Because symptoms of coronavirus are very closely mimicking those of the common cold, health experts are suggesting basic hygiene practices we can all implement to reduce the risk of getting this virus and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick (Please remember, students should be fever free for 24 hours without medicine to return to school!)
We want to assure parents that we are closely monitoring developments with the help of health experts including our state and local health departments. We will keep you updated if the need arises.
Fair Grove R-X Schools